Tuesday 2 February 2021

To tone or not to tone?


 
When I was a kid my mum sold Con Stan (now know as Nutrimetics). Due to that I had a skin care routine from when I was in primary school. 
Back then skin care routines were cleanse, tone and moisturise.
 
After following that plan for years, eventually I gave up the toner, didn't notice any difference to my fresh, 20 something skin and haven't used toner since.
 
Fast forward to now, I'm in my 40's and up until a few months ago I thought toner was a waste of time. 

Late last year, after sorting out my skin care stash, I had one bottle of toner that I'd received as a gwp, so rather than toss it I started using it. 
My skin loves it! How bizarre is that! Since I started using toner again my skin is noticeably softer. I'm amazed.

I've been using the Clarins Toning Lotion with Chamomile. It's alcohol free and designed for normal to dry skin. I pat some on using one of my Blossy Lou reusable pads then put my skincare over the top. 
 
The last few weeks I've been lazy about toning and my skin is feeling worse.
If you're like me and haven't used toner for years, give one a go!

Do you use a toner? Which one is your favourite?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!