Friday 15 January 2021

FFS Friday - Flying Leap

What a week it's been. I'm exhausted. Poor Chai has struggled this week, which means Eljay and I have also struggled. It hasn't been fun. 
 
Want to try a fun experiment? The next time someone asks how you are, tell them that you're not coping and see what they say. Most of the time they just change the subject. Helpful.
 
Anyhow, back to Chai. It's been a rough week. He's had too much excitement and not enough rest time. The trouble with rest time is that he doesn't want to rest, he wants to be constantly on the go. Getting him to rest quietly is almost impossible. 
 
We'll have his ASD test results soon. I'm expecting he'll get a diagnosis. It would explain a lot. I'm not sure what will change if he does get a diagnosis. Tiger and Chai don't want to medicate so things will probably stay the same as they are now. 
I don't love the idea of medication but I think it's worth considering. If he can feel less anxious his life would be totally different and that would be good for all of us. 

I've been reading about ASD in an effort to find out as much as I can. I don't really know how I feel at the moment, I just want the results so that I can take it from there. At the moment we're in limbo, waiting to see what happens. I don't like waiting, I like action. 
 
You know what's annoyed me this week? Another term that's commonly used. Anti-aging. When you think about it, that's a really stupid word. If you aren't aging, you're dead, so why aren't we pro-aging? I'm pro aging. I'll happily age. I don't understand our preoccupation with not looking older. It's just another money making scheme. We're being made to feel that getting older isn't a good thing just so that companies can make money. 
Those companies can take a flying leap. Aging is a good thing. Aging brings wisdom, experience and understanding. None of those are bad qualities.
 
It's time we stopped telling people that perfectly normal things are flaws that need to be changed. They don't. 
Don't believe the lies, you're perfect just as you are. 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!