Tuesday 12 January 2021

2020 Lip Balm Empties

 

Now that we've seen my sad pile of 2020 make-up empties, it's time to look at my lip balm empties. 
 
I'm quite pleased with this effort. I finished more than one a month and only two of them were minis. 
 
Fourteen finished lip balms and three of them were squeeze tubes. I always feel like squeeze tube balms take forever to finish.  
 
Here's a brief review of each balm.
 
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss
I really liked this and would happily buy it again. I would have loved for it to be flavoured as well as fragranced. The large tube means I only used it at home, it's way too big to carry around.
 
Bite Beauty Agave
As much as I love Bite Beauty products, I'm just not a fan of their Agave balm in the tube. It's thick, waxy and the tube breaks easily. I was happy to see the end of these tubes. I'd buy their other lip products any day, but will give the stick balms a miss. 
 
Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Collagen Lip Cushion
I absolutely loved this. I used it as part of my morning skin care routine. It made a noticeable difference to the lines around my lips. I'll purchase it again once I've got through a few of my other lip serums. 
 
Natralus Cocoa Paw Paw Lip Butter
Natralus has long been my favourite paw paw range, their products are lovely. I always have a tube or two of their paw paw balm on hand. If you can find the lip butters they're lovely. I'll repurchase this if I find it again. 
 
Ladybug Jane Vanilla Cupcake Luxury Lip Care
If I had to chose my top ten favourite lip balms Lady Bug Jane would be on the list. I purchased mine from iHerb, however they're no longer listed on the website so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my hands on them again. If I find a stockist I'll buy one of each flavour! 

Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy
No matter how hard I try I just don't like the Fresh twist up lip balms. They're way too soft to be usable. I have one of their pots balms and it's lovely, but the twist up ones just don't work for me. I used this as a night time balm and will not repurchase.
 
Surya Brazil Chocolate and Mint Moisturising Lip Balm
This is another great brand that seems to have been discontinued. It's a shame because their products are gorgeous, especially this balm. It tastes like an after dinner mint and is super smooth and hydrating. 
 
Alpha-H Absolute Lip Perfector
If I'd paid $10 for my Absolute Lip Perfector I'd give it a different review, however it cost $32 so it gets a meh review. It wasn't a bad balm, it did the job and kept my lips hydrated, but for $32 I expect more. There are balms that work just as well and cost under $10. 
 
A Kiss From The Bees Lip Balm
I wish that this gorgeous balm was easier to find. It's from a local, Western Australian company and they make the most beautiful balms. This is my third or fourth tube and it definitely won't be my last. This balm is rich, creamy and super hydrating. If you find it anywhere, buy two.
 
EOS Lemon Twist
EOS balms are fun because of the cute packaging, however I don't find them to be that practical, they're just a bit too big to carry around. Despite that, they're great quality and I'll happily repurchase. I'd really like to try some of their hemp balms but they're so difficult to get hold of in Australia.
 
Kiss of a Bee Coffee Lip Balm
This is another great Aussie product. It's hand made in Cairns Queensland. I have several of these balms and love them, they're one of my favourites and I'll definitely repurchase. 
 
Susanne Kaufmann Lip Balm
Whilst I had high hopes, I didn't love my Susanne Kaufmann balm. It was lumpy and just not very pleasant to use. I thought I'd got a faulty one however Mecca assured me it was okay. If Susanne Kaufmann thinks that lumpy lip balms are okay then she is on a totally different page to me. IMO when you're paying $27 for a lip balm you do not expect it to be full of lumps. 
 
Crazy Rumors HibisKiss
Crazy Rumors have long been one of my favourite lip balm brands. I've loved their balms for years and always will. They truly can do no wrong. If you haven't tried Crazy Rumors yet, get onto it.  
 
What's your favourite lip balm?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!