Friday 11 September 2020

FFS Friday - Angels

Hello beautiful people. How are you all? Have you had a good week?

I read something recently that said when people are stressed they either get angry, judgemental or they hide. I'm pretty sure that's not all the signs of stress, but it was interesting. 

I hide. When things are tough I hunker down and plod along until the storm has passed. Once it's over and the sun is shining again I start going out and talking again. 
Whilst I'm in the middle of the storm I stay home, don't talk to anyone, do only the things that I have to and wait for the storm to pass. 

Whilst that's one way of handling things, it means that only the people who know me really well know that something is wrong. Everyone else thinks things are great and they're surprised if later on I tell them what had been going on. 

It's easy to think that someone else has a great life, but the truth is that no-one knows what is really happening at home. 

We've been going through some changes lately and I can count on one hand the people who knew. Five people in total. Two online friends who know me well enough to know that radio silence means something's going on and three people in my everyday life. 

One of my favourite sayings is Friends are angels who hold us up when our wings are too tired to fly. How true is that?

The thing is, they can't hold us up if they don't know that something is wrong. I know a lot of us don't want to bother our friends with our problems, but we should. 
I think it's a privilege when a friend trusts me enough to be raw and vulnerable with me. Being able to support and hold space for someone is a real honour. If you do that for your friends, let them do the same for you. 

Being vulnerable is not weak, it's strong. It's harder to be vulnerable than it is to stay quiet. Be raw, be vulnerable and watch your friendships bloom as your trust in each other deepens. 

That's my lecture for the day.
Stay wild moon child.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!