Monday 4 May 2020

April Empties

It's empties time again. I'm quite pleased with my effort for April, I've got got a good selection of empties to show you. 

I'm determined to get through my ridiculous stash of sheet masks, so this month I've been making an effort to use one every second day. I'm slowly making a dent in the tub (yes, I have a tub full of sheet masks). Once the tub is emptied I'm putting it away and it will not be refilled. I'll then move onto finishing all the other face masks I've got. Eventually I'd like to have five or less, that seems like a reasonable number.

I'm also slowly working my way through my samples. I'd like to get to the point where I don't have a pile of them and I use them as I get them, rather than putting them away for when I travel. When I was single that method worked well as I travelled regularly, but now I don't go anywhere so that method no longer works. Plus, who knows how long it'll be until we're allowed to travel again.


Natio Rosewater Gentle Cream-Gel Face Cleanser
Who's had enough of seeing this in my empties? It's my holy grail cleanser, I've lost count of the number of tubes I've been through.I love the gorgeous scent and will always repurchase. 

Kiss Ready Baby Natural Relax Balm
I loved using this on the boys. I'd rub a little into their feet and on their chests every night before bed. It smells beautiful and helped them calm down at bed time. It'd make a beautiful body lotion, I'd use it! 

Andalou Renewal Cream
I haven't really formed an opinion on Renewal Cream. I've used a few tubes of it now and I'm not sure if my skin likes it or not. I suspect that I find it slightly irritating as my skin irritation went away when my tube ran out. It could have just been due to hayfever season though. 

The Physic Garden Sleep Balm
We've been all about sleep balms lately. Funny that. We've now run out of all our sleep balms and really miss them. This sleep balm has a great scent and was super soothing. I'll happily purchase it again.

It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream
Here's another product that I'd happily repurchase if we had the spare funds. Whilst it doesn't perform miracles, Confidence in a Cream is a lovely hydrating moisturiser that my dry skin loved. 

Liloh Skincare Vitamin Smoothie Serum
Oh how I love this serum. I was sad to see the end of it. I'll definitely repurchase in the future (when we have an income again). It smells beautiful and made my skin feel very smooth and hydrated. 

Tatcha The Water Cream
Tatcha products are so beautiful, I'd love to try the whole range. The water cream is lovely but not rich enough for my dry skin. It would be ideal for someone with oily skin.

Sol de Janeiro Coco Cabana Cream
I'm not sure how I ended up with so many of these but I'm glad I did because it's love. The scent is heavenly, I'd use it for that reason alone. Coco Cabana is quickly absorbed and a pleasure to use. 

Lancome Gentle Softening Cleansing Fluid
Lancome make such beautiful products. When I was single and had more money I used their skin care exclusively, however now I mix it up. If you have the fund, this is a lovely cleansing milk. It's very gentle, doesn't irritate the eyes and removes all make-up. It's nearly as good as my all time favourite Natio cleanser. 

Kopari Charcoal Deodorant
Kopari deodorant is one of my all time favourites. This is the first time I've tried the charcoal version and it wasn't love. I found that it wasn't as effective as the regular one. In the future I'll stick to the regular coconut deodorant.

Natralus Ultra Hydration 
If you're after a super hydrating yet light moisturiser then check this out. I find it quite similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge. Even when my skin is reacting to everything I can still use Ultra Hydration. I don't find it hydrating enough to use on skin rashes, however it's a great face and body lotion.  


This photo makes me happy. I'm glad that I've got through so many masks. Most of them were okay but not amazing.

I'll definitely repurchase the Cremor Lab mask, it fit really well and made my skin glow. 
The Societe mask was a nightmare. It was so difficult to get out of the packet, I put holes through it before I'd even got it on my face. After five minutes trying to wrangle it onto my face I gave up and threw it in the bin. 

As for the rest, I won't repurchase. Sheet masks just aren't my thing.



Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation
After one use it's difficult to form an opinion on something, I think samples like these are only good for colour matching. I'd like to try a larger sample as this seemed nice on first impressions. 

Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream
If you want to slather your face with banana lollies this is the moisturiser for you. I have a full sized jar so can review it properly. It looks like custard, smells like bananas and feels very light. I can see this being my go to summer moisturiser. It's not hydrating enough for winter, however if you have oily skin it's worth a try. 

Goldfaden MD Dr's Scrub
I don't remember whether I liked this or not, which means that it wasn't amazing. For the price I expect it to be amazing. 

Goldfaden MD Vital Boost
If we were rich Vital Boost would be my moisturiser. It's lovely for dry skin, hydrating without being oily, my skin loved it. 

O and M Hydrate and Conquer Shampoo and Conditioner
O and M is another one of the products that I used when I was single and had spare funds. It's easily my favourite shampoo and conditioner. 

Sol de Janeiro Coco Cabana Cream
I've already talked about this one. 

Aesop Gentle Facial Cleansing Milk
Oh my goodness, how I loved this. It smells amazing. It was gentle, didn't irritate my eyes and smelled like heaven. 

Alpha-H Micro Cleanse Super Scrub 
Whilst I love the way powder scrubs make my skin feel, I can never get the water to powder ratio right. There has to be a solution but I'm yet to find it. When I figure it out I'll be set. I much prefer powder scrubs to grainy scrubs, they're gentler and yet more effective. 


These are all tosses. 

The Formula 10.0.6 Butter Up was a disappointment. I was hoping it'd be awesome but it's lumpy and very unpleasant to use.

The Lancome La Vie Est Belle perfume smells awful. 
Native deodorant has bicarb soda in it so irritated my pits.

Everything else was expired. It was all well loved and almost empty so I didn't mind tossing them. 

How did you do with your empties this month?Are you making an effort to finish anything?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!