Friday 24 April 2020

FFS Friday - The towel has been thrown

Is it possible to die from listening to your child making noise all the time? Because I feel like that might be about to happen.

This week has been f*&%ing brutal. Not for any particular reason, just a series of stupid little things that have really pissed me off. Take Wednesday. It was my turn to teach Chai, which always sucks because he's a very reluctant learner. I was trying to make it fun by playing games with him and keeping him active but he chucked a wobbly (as usual) and that was it. I'm done. I'm not teaching him any more. He can go to school and hate every second of it because I am done.

I've explained to him over and over again that there are things he needs to learn and that if he doesn't learn what he needs to he'll have to go to school yet he fights every single second of it. We only do an hour of schooling a day but he makes it a total nightmare. I'm done torturing myself. It's the most hated part of my day and I am no longer doing it.

I know that going to school will be a disaster for Chai but that's the choice he's made and he will now have to deal with the consequences. I don't want him to go to school but there comes a point where I have to put my mental health first and we've now reached that point. 

Chai is perfectly capable of doing the work that he needs to do, he's intelligent and does it easily when he wants to. The trouble is that he doesn't want to do it. 

So there was that. Just prior to me starting his lesson for the day I realised that Shelby had poo stuck to her bum because she's due for a hair cut so her hair is really long. Tiger and I had to shower her, cut the poo encrusted hair off her bum, change all her bedding and walk around picking up bits of poo from all over the house.

As if that wasn't enough, we've been waiting for a supplement for Chai for ages now. It was posted on the 2nd of April and finally arrived on Wednesday. It was a package that we didn't need to sign for. 
Naturally it arrived whilst we were out for a drive and they didn't leave it. FFS.

I get that Australia Post is super busy but their postage times are a total joke at the moment. Chai's supplements took 20 days to get here. 
I've been waiting for a package of hand sanitiser which was posted on the 26th of March and it's still not here. 4 weeks to send something across the country is ridiculous.  

Is anyone else getting super annoyed by those "we're all in this together" adverts? They're so stupid. It's very easy to stay positive when you've got a huge property and no financial stress. You can be all perky and "we'll get through this, we're doing it together" when you've got a shit load of money, you can pay your bills and feed your family. 
I'd like to see people have the same attitude with no money and no idea how they were going to feed their family.
Also, what about those people who are immuno compromised and in total isolation so that they survive? 
Those poor people are really doing it tough. 
Then there's single parents, parents who can't see their children, people who live alone etc. They're all doing it tough too.
It's a very rough time but to say that we're all in it together is just unrealistic.  

The stupid ads can fuck right off.

As great as it is to stay positive it's also okay to acknowledge that this is fucking tough and we're struggling. 

Now that I've been a total beacon of light and hope and cheered you all up immensely, how are you doing? Coping ok or ready to throw in the towel and stay in bed all day?
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!