Thursday 2 January 2020

New Year Plans

For a while now I've been pondering what I'll do this year regarding a project pan. I try to do them every year and whilst they've had mixed success, I have managed to drastically reduce the size of my collection. It's been a long term work in progress. 

I'm happy with the amount of make-up and skincare I own. Whilst I still have more than most, I like to have choices and I'm comfortable with what I currently have. 
I'll continue to use up my drawer of skincare samples, I really have no idea how I've managed to collect so many.
The one part of my collection that still needs a considerable down size is my lip stash. 

With that in mind, this year I'm going to concentrate on reducing the number of lip products I own. Rather than do a specific project pan I'm just going to try to use up as many lip products I can in the year. 

I'd like to set myself a number target however I have no idea what a realistic amount is so instead of trying to come up with something I'm just going to finish or cull as many products as I can.  

As for a no buy or low buy, I'm only going to include lip products and it'll be two out one in. I find low buys more manageable than no buys. There's always something new that I want to try and as make-up is one of the few things that I do just for me I'm not going to take that away.  

Whilst avoiding excess is great, life is for enjoying so I don't see why I should take away something that brings me so much joy. 

2 comments :

  1. Good luck on your lip product low buy :) I think I need to consider similar for eyeshadows :/

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!