Thursday 7 November 2019

I'm still here

Hello! I'm back again. It's been a while. So where have I been?
Well....I injured my ankle and have spent most of the last three weeks laying on my back with my leg in the air. Fun times.

I have special skills. It was the day Tiger flew back to work. He'd just left and Chai was upset so he'd asked if he could go to the gym creche to take his mind off things.

We were walking into the gym when my ankle gave way and I fell on my other knee. It was so painful I couldn't even talk. Chai immediately started crying and panicking so I had to pretend that I was okay even though I was in agony. I wanted to go home but Chai was working himself into a panic so I dropped them at the creche and checked my ankle. It looked okay, it wasn't swollen or hot so I assumed I'd just sprained it. I did the parts of my workout that I could do without pain and checked my ankle again, it still wasn't swollen or hot. We got home and my ankle got progressively worse. Within a few hours it was so sore I thought I'd broken it. If only I had.

The next day I called Mum, told her what had happened and asked her to be ready to come down. Dad came over to look after the kids whilst I spent the whole day sorting out my ankle. I saw the Dr three times and had an ultrasound. Turns out I've completely torn my anterior tabofibular ligament. It's going to take three to four months to heal and if it's not better then I'll need surgery which will then mean an additional six month recovery. Broken bones heal faster. FFS.

There aren't many people who can tear ligaments whilst walking along. Clearly I have skills.

I'm in quite a bit of pain at the moment so I'm not sure when regular programming will resume, but I will be back.

I'm on Instagram most days so feel free to follow me there.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!