Friday 23 August 2019

FFS Friday - Crap

Hello Friday my old friend. Lovely to see you again. 
I'm not sure what to talk about today. My head is spinning with lots of things but I'm not sure I want to talk about them here. Whilst I have no filter most of the time, some things that involve the kids I don't talk about here purely for their privacy. It's fine for me to talk about myself but I'm hesitant to talk about their issues even though I desperately want to. 

Today I'm going to complain about Shelby (our dog). This is her right now.


She's due for a visit to the dog groomers but I've been holding off until the weather warms up a bit. 

Yesterday morning had been rough. I had some heavy things to deal with and was feeling very stressed/worried/totally unqualified to deal with it. I'd gotten up, turned on the coffee machine and was lighting the fire when I smelled poo. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from so searched around until I saw a little bit of poo on the mat next to me. FFS.

Straight away I knew where it'd come from. I carried Shelby outside and checked her bum. Sure enough the long hair was covered in patches of poo. FFS.

I got a cloth and some scissors and started cleaning her up. After a while I realised it was a futile effort so carried her inside and put her in the shower whilst I cleaned up the house.

Our main living area is tiled. We have three rugs but the majority of the area is tiles. Do you think she got poo on the tiles? No. She got poo on each of the three rugs and none on the tiles. FFS.

I cleaned up the poo then went to the bathroom to deal with Shelby. It took a combination of three face washers, lots of warm water and a great deal of trimming to clean her up. Poor girl didn't enjoy it at all but she was very tolerant. I had to hold her by the tail to keep her still whilst I cleaned her up. 

When I finally got her clean I realised that she'd been sitting on me so I was also covered in poo as was her bed. FFS.

What a way to start the day. She could at least have waited until I'd had my coffee.

The good thing about starting the day like that is that it can only get better, which it did. The weather was beautiful so we spent most of the day at the park which was glorious. 

Have a beautiful weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!