Friday 16 August 2019

FFS Friday - Chokito

Hi beautiful people. I'm sitting here next to the fire with a Grumpy Farmer iced coffee. Right at this moment life is good. If you like iced coffee that's not too sweet, Grumpy Farmer is amazing. It's a cold drip coffee made in Fremantle.

It's time for me to get my weekly rant on and tell you about the things that have been on my mind this week. It's screens. Whilst technology is amazing and has made our lives so much easier in some ways, in other ways it's the devil. 

How often do you go out and see people ignoring each other because they're all on their phones? I hate it. 
My boys love screens which is something that really concerns me. Their screen time is very, very limited. I did consider getting rid of all screens but decided that's not a realistic option because screens are a part of our life now so they need to know how to manage them appropriately. 

I'm yet to figure out how to teach them to manage their screen time. I make sure not to spend much time on my phone in their presence, if I need to use my phone in front of them I'll explain to them what I'm doing so they understand that we can use devices for certain things. Hopefully one day that'll realise that using devices can seriously harm relationships if they aren't used appropriately. 



Also, if you've been following along at home, I'm still on strike. 

See that Chokito wrapper? It's been on the floor in the pantry for 5 weeks now. It was Tigers. The silver thing is the bin. No idea how he missed the bin, but he did and I'm not picking it up. 
Wonder how long it's going to sit there for. Any guesses?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!