Sunday 14 April 2019

Thoughts of the week

1. Perhaps I'm ignorant, but I was shocked to learn that social media influencers are being paid to promote alcohol. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Naturally, they haven't disclosed that it was an ad, which doesn't surprise me at all.

2. I recently discovered Mongolian Metal music, it's amazing. If you're interested, check out Mongolian Metal and Mongolian Folk Metal playlists on Spotify.

3. This week the boys drew on their bedroom door. It's the first time they've drawn somewhere they aren't supposed to. I'm surprised it took 8 years for this to happen. 
Contrary to most peoples expectations, I'm not mad about it. 
The way I see it, it's the door to their room so they can draw on it if they want to. 
They used whiteboard marker so it should come off easily, if it doesn't, when we need to we'll paint the door. No big deal.

4. Related to point number one, I've come to the conclusion that most of what we see is an ad. Magazines are just one big ad, newspapers are filled with ads, tv and movies are ads, they're everywhere. The world is one big ad.

5. I've been up since 4am, hence my strange ramblings. Have a beautiful day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!