Friday 1 March 2019

FFS Friday - I can't hear you

Last week I whinged about the stupid things people say. Today I'm going to tell you how I react to those comments.

99% of the time, I say nothing at all. Every now and again the comments can't be ignored, but most of the time I don't waste my breath.

It may sound strange but here's how I see it. 
I can either buy into their stupidity/anger or whatever other negative emotion they're experiencing or I can let it wash over me and continue happily along my way.

If I buy into it I then become annoyed/angry etc. They won't change their mind/opinion so the only thing I will have achieved is to upset myself. 
What's the point? Seems pretty silly to me.

The opinion of others is irrelevant to my reality. The thoughts and opinions of other people do not shape or change my reality.

So that's the choice I make. I hear their opinions and happily ignore them. Easy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!