Monday 21 January 2019

Two chunky lip balms I love

It's no surprise to regular readers to know I've tried a lot of lip balms and am pretty fussy with them. It's rare that I love a balm from the second I apply it, but that's exactly what happened when I tried Drunk Elephant Lippe and Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuacu Lip Butter.    



I don't usually purchase chunky balms as I find them too inconvenient. They don't fit in my pocket, they're not convenient to carry around, they're just annoying. However, I'm willing to make an exception for these two.  


They are both perfection in a lip balm. They're creamy, hydrating and soothing with a gorgeous scent. I really can't decide which I love more.


Drunk Elephant Lippe smells and tastes like cranberry. It's not a flavour that I've ever had in a lip balm before and is surprisingly lovely. The finish is smooth and glossy. Lippe contains green tea leaf and vitamin C which help to smooth fine lines.

After falling in love with the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum cream scent, I had to buy the lip butter. It smells just as amazing as the Bum Bum cream. I adore the salted caramel pistachio scent, it's addictive!
Brazilian Kiss has no flavour (unfortunately!) but I'll forgive that due to how soothing and healing it is. The finish is a subtle shine, not glossy like Lippe. 

If you are having trouble choosing between the two here's a run down.
Lippe is flavoured and glossy. It looks great alone or over the top of lipsticks. 
Brazilian Kiss is fragranced with no flavour and works well under lipstick.

At $26 each these balms aren't cheap, but they're double the size of a regular lip balm and a dream to use. 

What's your favourite lip balm?

2 comments :

  1. Well, Sol de Janeiro has the best beauty products.. ever! I also love their lip balm. But my favourite from their brand is their Glowmotions Glow Oil. Have you tried it already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I haven't. I'll add it to my list. I want one of everything they make!

      Delete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!