Friday 18 January 2019

FFS Friday - Tantrum

It's Friday again! How exciting. Or not, if you're a stay at home parent and don't even know what day it is.

This week I turned up at a Dr's appointment a day early because I didn't know what day it was. Oops. First time I've ever done that!

Have you had enough of me talking about the gym yet?

I've been going for about five weeks now and I'm growing muscles! I'm not changing shape though, so last week I decided to start running on the treadmill. Friday I ran for two minutes. Tuesday I ran for five minutes. Wednesday I ran for two minutes then had to stop because my shin splints were too sore. FFS.

I had shin splints years ago from skipping. I tried all sorts of treatments from physio to acupuncture, gait correction, shoes etc but nothing could fix them. I was hoping that after all this time they'd be okay, but alas they aren't and my short lived running career is over. 

Looks like I'll have to use the much hated cross trainer to do my cardio. Ugh.

I really don't like that machine. Running is much more satisfying, I listen to Metallica and stomp my feet, it's fun. Kind of like the adult version of throwing a tantrum.  

Perhaps I could take up tantrum throwing, that could be good cardio. It'd have to be silent tantrums so that I didn't get thrown out of the gym for making too much noise. 

I love people watching at the gym. There's one lady who's amazing. She shows up with ultra glam make-up (even fake lashes), hair looking fancy, does a full on workout and walks out looking as flawless as she walked in. I have no idea how she does it. I walk out a stinky, sweaty mess.

I like watching the show off men, they're so funny. They make a whole heap of noise and do strange exercises that don't seem to be doing much, it's highly amusing. 

That is all.
Have a beautiful weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!