Tuesday 18 December 2018

My favourite matte liquid lipsticks



I am not a fan of matte lipsticks in general and I really don't like matte liquid lipsticks, they are so drying and make my lips look awful. No-one wants shrivelled prune lips.

Thankfully formulas are improving all the time and I've found three matte liquid lipstick formulas that are long wearing and comfortable to wear.  

The Australis Grl Boss lipsticks are the newest addition to my collection. I have one shade and am planning on adding more. There are fifty shades, so it's not difficult to find one that you love. The formula is creamy, hydrating and long lasting. These don't dry down, they stay creamy, which means they do transfer a little, but that doesn't affect the longevity at all. 
Australis have just released a Grl Boss lipstick version which I'd be interested to try.

Bite Beauty can do no wrong. I'm yet to find one of their products I don't love. Amuse Bouche Liquified lipstick is a gorgeous product, it has a satin finish, is as hydrating as a lip balm, gives opaque coverage and lasts all day. If (like me) you are a fan of flavoured lip products, you'll be pleased to know that these have a lovely citrus flavour.

I wouldn't have tried the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor if Emma hadn't given me one. I assumed it'd be like all the other matte liquid lipsticks that I hate, but it's not. The colour is opaque in one swipe, doesn't feel at all drying and dries down to a glossy matte. I love the oval shaped tube because it doesn't take up as much space as a round tube, so it's more convenient to carry around.

What's your favourite matte liquid lipstick?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!