Wednesday 19 September 2018

Sol de Janeiro first impressions


Sol de Janeiro recently launched at Mecca and I was onto it straight away. I've been wanting to try the Brazilian Bum Bum cream for ages, it has such a cult following. 

Initially I purchased the Brazilian Bum Bum cream and the Cupuacu lip butter. When I sniffed the Bum Bum cream I immediately purchased the Brazilian Crush body fragrance mist because the scent is amazing. Both the Bum Bum cream and the Brazilian Crush body fragrance mist have a pistachio and salted caramel scent. Cupuacu lip butter has a Doce de Leite scent although to me it smells the same as the Bum Bum cream.

The Brazilian Bum Bum (pronounced boom boom) cream is said to visibly tighten the skin and provide a luminous glow. I haven't been using it long enough to see if it works, I'll report back after a few months use. 
I love the beautiful scent, the luxuriously hydrating feel and the quick absorption. At $29 for 75ml and $66 for 240ml it's not cheap, but to me the gorgeous scent makes it worth the price. 

When I layer the cream and body fragrance, the scent is strong enough to use as a perfume.
The body fragrance can also be used in the hair, when I use it in my hair I can still smell it two days later. 

It was love at first application with the Brazilian Kiss lip butter. The flavour is beautiful, it feels amazing and is very hydrating. My parched winter lips have been loving the long lasting hydration I get when I use my Brazilian Kiss. 
I'd love if it came in a smaller size that was easier to carry around, the large tube is way too big for my pocket. 

Have you tried any of the Sol de Janeiro products? What's your favourite item?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!