Monday 17 September 2018

Pan the Pots Update Two


Now that I've got on track, my Pan the Pots challenge is going well. Finishing a potted product is so satisfying!

I realised that my Harlotte lipstick pot was over seven years, so I tossed it and substituted in my Chantecaille Lip Potion. The Lip Potion was almost full, however thanks to both boys using it, I finished it in a week. It was an expensive balm that I didn't particularly want them using, but it performed magic on Chai's very chapped lips, so I let him use it. Emma gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago, I'll buy it again, but not until I've substantially reduced my lip balm collection.   

I finished the Chantecaille Lip Potion, Black Chicken Balm of All Ages and Salt By Hendrix Lip Glow, then started working on my last product, the Yard Lip Bloss. Despite loving the way this smells, I just couldn't motivate myself to use it properly, so it sat there unloved for weeks until I finally admitted to myself that I just don't love it, so it went in the bin. I've had it for years now and used to use it all the time, but I fell out of love. There's no point sticking with products that I don't love. 

After dithering about deciding what to use in it's place I settled on my Shanghai Lil and the Scarlet Fez Jersey Caramel lip balm. I love it and am happy to use it every day, so it shouldn't be too difficult to finish.

I've really enjoyed using up my potted products and will make sure that I'm always working on one or two of them from now on. At home I'm making the effort to only use balms in pots so they get some well deserved love.  

Have you been panning anything?

Do you follow the texturetuesday and texturethursday hashtags on Instagram? They're a great motivation to use products in pots, because they looks so amazing in photographs.

You can read my intro post here and my first update here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!