Monday 3 September 2018

First impressions of some recent acquisitions

I don't usually write haul posts and it's high time I started. I got a few new things in August, so I'll show some of them and give my first impressions. Full reviews will follow when I've had time to try the products properly.


Victoria's Secret Breathless Gloss Balm 
Hubby bought this for me last time he came home. When I saw the peach tube I was worried that the colour wouldn't suit me, but it's glossy with barely any colour. It's definitely a glossy balm (as you might have guessed from the name), I lovely the hydrating formula and can't wait to add a few more to my collection.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist
I've been lusting after the Brazilian Bum Bum cream for years, so when it was launched at Mecca I placed an order straight away. Once I opened my tub I got back on and ordered the body spray. The pistachio and caramel scent is amazing, it was love at first sniff. I love the the fragrance mist can also be used on the hair and the scent lasts for days. I sprayed it in Eljay's hair and could still smell it three days later. 

Kosas Rosewater Lipstick
Kosas is a brand that gets amazing reviews online so it's one that I've been wanting to try for a long time. I really want to try their tinted face oil, but Mecca doesn't stock that, so I went for the next product on my list, the lipstick. Rosewater is a gorgeous pinky mauve that feels like nothing on my lips. So far I'm really loving it.

 Frank Body Anti Angry Face Mist
My skin has been very irritated lately so I was hoping this would help but it didn't. The first time I used it my face stung, so I haven't tried it again. I'll give it another go in a few weeks when my skin isn't so irritated. 

Bare Lips Mauve Tinted Rose Geranium Lip Balm
Bare Lips have quickly become some of my favourite balms. I love that they come in eco friendly, compostible packaging and the little tubes are so cute! Rose Geranium is easily my favourite scent and the mauve tint is beautiful. 


Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Primer
Now that I'm suddenly allergic to my favourite primer, I've started the hunt for a new one. It's early days but so far I quite like Lit From Within. It has the right amount of glowiness without being over the top and doesn't irritate my skin (always a bonus!)

Danearth Organic Lavender Balm 
I love my Danearth face wash (read about it here) and wanted to try the serum because it's done amazing things for my sister. Whilst I was purchasing them, Dani showed me her new Lavender Balm, which I bought because it smells beautiful. I've been wearing it as perfume and today am seeing how it goes as a headache treatment. 

What have you hauled lately?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!