Friday 21 September 2018

FFS Friday - The bird

Hello Friday!

It's been over a week without a coffee machine. The situation is dire. How did I survive before I had a coffee machine? Now I have to leave the house every day just to get coffee, it's not ideal. I'm home schooling, I'm supposed to be able to stay home in my pj's all day, not go out every single day. It's just not right.

Do you ever wonder what your parents think of you? This week I found out the horrifying truth about what Dad thinks of me.

Monday night I smashed my middle finger with a piece of wood and ended up with a huge bruise on my fingernail. We all know the required action when you have a huge bruise; you show it to everyone you can in order to gain as much tough cred/sympathy as possible. 

Tiger was away (of course), so I showed it to him Monday night. When I spoke to him Tuesday Dad was there. He was sitting across the table from me, without his glasses on. Tiger called, I said hello then showed him my wounded middle finger. I held it up to the screen for about 30 seconds so that he could get a good look at it and show me the required amount of sympathy.

When I got off the phone I showed Dad, who looked surprised and said that he thought I'd been giving Tiger the bird. FFS!

Dad really thought that I'd say hello to Tiger then flip him the bird! What sort of person does he think I am? WTF would I do that? I never flip the bird, let alone to my husband. And if I was flipping the bird to my husband, why would he say how awful it looked? Makes no sense at all. 

What is clear is that Dad thinks I'm the sort of person who'd flip the bird at my husband. Nice. Glad my father has such faith in me.

I'm crushed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!