Monday 18 June 2018

The bronzer declutter

A few months ago, after my latest round of decluttering, I put all my make-up (excluding lip products) into a big box. Having it all there together is great because I can see exactly what I've got and play with everything when the mood strikes. 

About a month ago whilst I was playing with all my make-up, I realised that I have thirteen bronzers. Considering I only started regularly wearing bronzer this year, I have no idea why I found it necessary to accumulate thirteen bronzers. 

Over the last month, with the help of Emma, I've gone through and narrowed my collection down to four. I put three in the give away pile straight away and nine I tested out before making my decision.

For reference I have pale, cool toned skin. Warm colours look terrible on me which makes finding the right bronzer challenging.

Physician's Formula Bronze Booster
These are lovely but way too shimmery. If I was in my 20's I would have kept these, but shimmer and older skin are not friends. I loved the colour, if they were matte they would have been perfect.

Nars Laguna
I thought this one would be a keeper, so was really surprised to find it very hard to blend and too orange.


Physician's Formula PH Matchmaker
The colour of this is lovely, it's cool toned and looks nice on, but there's just too much fallout.

Stila Custom Colour Blush Shade Adjusting Bronze
I'm not sure why they say that this gives a custom colour. It doesn't and it's way too dark for my pale skin.

The Body Shop Bronzing Powder Shade Light
I used to love this but it's too orange for me now. 

That leaves me with Stila Sun Bronzer, Benefit Hoola, Lancome Star Bronzer, Bourjois Bronzing Primer and Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. All of these are lovely and work well on my pale skin.  

I decided to give Hoola to Emma because she's wanted to try it for ages. Lancome Star Bronzer is quite sheer and needs two layers to be noticeable, so it's a great option for pale skin. I was going to keep it but as I'm writing this post I've decided to get rid of it. I bought it over five years ago, so it needs to go.


Considering it'll probably take me at least a year to finish a bronzer, I think that three is still too many. I'll wait a few months but will probably get rid of the Stila bronzer and keep the Bourjois and Physician's Formula. Two bronzers are enough.  

What's your favourite bronzer? 
Do you think three bronzers are too many?

1 comment :

  1. What a great post! I have a few bronzer singles and some in palettes. I keep a few shades incase I have a tan and for when I'm pale. I also like a shimmery bronzer at times ie. As blush/bronzer/highlight. I have the PF bronze booster and see glitter in the pan but it doesn't show up on my face. My HG bronzer is bronze n brighten by Laura Geller 😊

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!