Wednesday 7 February 2018

January Empties

Well would you look at me. I'm starting 2018 with not one but four empty make-up products! Go me! I've been using the same products every day so it's not really any surprise that I have make-up empties, but it's still a wonderful feeling to finish make-up.

I did quite well with my empties this month, finished my cleanser plus a conditioner and four sunscreens. 



Look at all those beautiful empties.

My Eco Tools and Napoleon brushes died. Oh well.

We go through so many sunscreens. I've been using the Natio sunscreen on my face, the others I use on my body. 

Ombra Sensitive 50+ Sunscreen
This is a super cheap option for sensitive skin. It costs around $2.50 and is water resistant for four hours. 

Natio SPF 50+
All of use use this on our face, it doesn't irritate, isn't greasy and absorbs quickly. It works well under make-up and doesn't sting if it gets into my eyes.  

Little Innoscents Sun Lotion
The boys love the Little Innoscents sun lotion, I find it too thick and hard to blend in. It leaves a film on the skin which doesn't absorb, which is ideal for when they're swimming so that's what we've used it for. Eljay likes it because it doesn't sting his sensitive skin.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face
I used to use this on my face but lately it's been irritating me so I used it on my chest, neck and arms. I think this range has been discontinued as I can't find it in store anymore. 


Palmers Facial Cleansing Oil
I really liked this oil and have already repurchased. It smells nice, removes all my makeup and doesn't leave a greasy film. 

Trilogy Cream Cleanser
In the past this was my holy grail cleanser, however I've now broken up with it so this will be the last bottle I purchase. You can read why I broke up with it here

Alba Botanicals Hawaiian Conditioner
I won this from Beauty Heaven. It did the trick. I've never seen it in store, so won't repurchase, if I did see it I'd happily repurchase. 

Natralus Paw Paw
Our holy grail paw paw. I've always got several tubes around the house. Chai uses it as a lip balm, we use it on cuts and scrapes and I use it on my cuticles. It's a great, multi-purpose staple. 

Face of Australia Nailpolish Remover
Does the trick. 


Skin Republic Hydrogel Under Eye Patch
Ive been using these twice a week. I'm yet to see any long term results, but they do make the area look smoother after I've used them. I'll continue to use them for a few months to see if there's any improvements. 

Innoxa Hydrogel Under Eye Mask
Noice. I find these very similar to the Skin Republic masks.

Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo and Conditioner
My hair felt so, so soft after I washed with these samples. 

24k Goddess Perfecting Eye Masks
These stung so badly I had to take them off.


4 makeup empties! I'm so pleased with myself. 


Lip Lip Raspberry Lip Balm
I love these balms. If I didn't have a whole pile of balms to use I'd repurchase. They're so good. The boys love them too. This one was tinted, the clear ones are just as good. If you haven't tried Lip Lip yet, give them a go, you won't regret it.


Physicians Formula Eye Liner
I'd happily only use this for the rest of my life. It has a fine, brush tip, doesn't fade or flake and lasts all day. This was the brown shade which unfortunately isn't available in Australia. 

Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara
I've lost count of how many tubes I've gone through. This is a great mascara, I'd buy it  again if I wasn't making the switch to natural products.


Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
The only eye primer I use. I've tried others but none compare to Shadow Insurance. I'm already onto my next tube.


1 comment :

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!