Friday 2 February 2018

FFS Friday - Serious

I've mentioned before that Tiger has a flair for the dramatic. He's a drama queen.

Last swing, the day before he was due to come home he video called me. 

He looked very, very serious and said hello in a low, dramatic tone of voice. I took one look at his face, dispensed with the niceties and asked what was wrong. 

In a very solemn voice he said "I've got some bad news, go somewhere private."
I was already walking to another room and as I was heading there my mind was swimming with thoughts. From how serious he looked my first assumption was that FIL was either dead or on deaths door. It was either that or his aunty had died, such was the look on his face.

I've also mentioned before that Tiger loves a good, long winded story. Never one to cut a long story short, he can always be relied upon to tell a story the longest possible way.   

So, he starts on this story about a new policy at work and the guys who had already gone through the process. It went on and on and on until he eventually got to the point (a good three minutes later) which was that he wouldn't be flying home the next day, he'd be delayed for an indefinite period of time. 

My exact words were "Oh is that all, I thought someone must have died." 

BIL is the same. Must have been the month for it because a few weeks ago he sent me a message saying that I needed to talk to Tiger because something important had come up. 

Once again I immediately thought there was something wrong with FIL. 
BIL then kindly told me that it was all good, so helpful.

As Tiger was at work, I couldn't get in touch with him for a few hours. When I did it was to be told that.....wait for it.....BIL had found a faith healer who he thought could fix Chai.

I kid you not.  

No wonder he wanted Tiger to tell me instead of telling me himself. 

There's no way in hell I'm taking my baby to a faith healer. No way in hell. No sham faith healer is going to get their hands anywhere near either of my boys. 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!