Wednesday 10 January 2018

The matte lipsticks you need to try


Whilst I love matte, long lasting lipsticks, I don't like the ones which give me lips that look drier than a popcorn fart. 

Thankfully there are several brands who do lovely, non drying matte lipsticks that last six hours or more.

My criteria for a good matte lipstick is that they aren't drying, I can wear a gloss or balm over them without breaking down the colour and they fade evenly. There's nothing worse than a lipstick that fades off patchily, it's not a good look. 

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor 
This is my favourite matte liquid lipstick formula so far. It's creamy, hydrating, stays comfortable all day and doesn't make my lips look like they're 90. 
I have to admit that if my beautiful Emma hadn't bought me one I never would have tried them due to not being a fan of liquid matte lipsticks, but I'm so very glad she did as they're amazing. 

The lipstick doesn't dry down, it stays feeling creamy and comfortable on my lips. Despite that, it lasts for at least six hours before I need to reapply. 

Rimmel The Only One Matte
Being a huge fan of the original The Only One lipsticks, I was expecting great things from the matte version and was not disappointed. The formula is smooth and creamy on the lips, yet long lasting. The lighter shades last around five hours and the darker shades at least six. The darker shades leave a light stain of colour once they've worn off, the light shades wear off completely.

Shanghai Suzy
Shanghai Suzy's whipped matte lipsticks are perfection. They're vegan, cruelty free and made in Melbourne. I'm told that Jo is working on a permanent range of fifty shades, however I'm not sure how correct this information is. If it is true, I'm excited! I love my Suzy's, however a permanent range would be great, because finding a colour that you love then not being able to repurchase sucks. 

I can find no fault with Shanghai Suzy matte lipsticks. They are strawberry flavoured, long lasting, hydrating and reasonably priced. I can happily wear them for weeks on end without my lips drying out. The limited edition shades are on trend and gorgeous, the permanent line is equally beautiful. 

The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid
If you are after a lipstick that lasts all day (over eight hours) then this is the one for you. By the end of the day I have a little bit of fading on the inside of my lips, but the rest looks perfect. I need to go back and get more shades, I purchased mine when they were first released and there are a whole lot of new shades now. 

Essence Matt Matt Matt longlasting lip gloss
A matte lip gloss sounds so strange, but it's pretty cool. Imagine the feel of a gloss with a matte finish, that's exactly what this is. It has the light feel of a gloss, with the lasting power of a lipstick.
It doesn't last all day, but it will last until lunchtime. It'd be great if there were a few more shades available, especially considering how cheap Essence is. 

Maybelline ColorSensational Matte
Maybelline can always be relied upon for decent quality, no frills products. Whilst their products don't excite me, they do what they're supposed to do and they are affordable. The ColorSensational Matte lipsticks come in a great range of colours, can often be found on sale and are pleasant to wear.

Urban Decay Comfort Matte
There was such hype around Urban Decay's reformulated lipstick range when they launched that I was sure they'd be crap. I was wrong.  At only $28 they are an awesome bargain. The Comfort Matte formula is just as it says, matte and comfortable. These don't feel like matte lipsticks of old, they feel creamy and hydrating.
 
Sash Cosmetics 
I love discovering Aussie brands. I found Sash Cosmetics online and purchased several lipsticks. From the packaging to the formula, Sash lipsticks are beautiful. They're super cheap at only $16.95 and tick all my boxes for matte lipsticks. Hydrating, long lasting with a gorgeous shade range, Sash lipsticks are a pleasure to use.


What are your favourte matte lipsticks?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!