Monday 15 January 2018

2018 Project Pan



I've mentioned it a few times already and have finally decided on a plan for this years panning project. Over the last year or so I've realised that I no longer like to have a huge selection of products. I'm happy with a few products that I love. I tend to use the same few products all the time, so it's pointless to have a huge pile of make-up that I never use. Anything that's in my make-up drawer gets used, the rest of the products are neglected. A lot of the products in my drawer are neglected too, I use the ones on top. My go to look is foundation/BB/CC, powder, brows, eyeliner, mascara, blush and lip colour. When I can be bothered I'll use concealer, eye shadow and lip liner. 

Out of all those products, the only ones that I change regularly are lip colour and base. I'm happy to use the same blush, mascara, eye liner, concealer and eye shadows. That gives me a good idea of my ideal stash. About ten bases, twenty eye shadows, one blush, two or three concealers, two mascaras, around ten eye liners, five lip liners, one powder, one brow product, and fifty or less lip products.That's being very generous with the lip products, but I do love my lipsticks and glosses. Whilst I'd like to have less lip products, I don't think it's realistic for me so why force it. 

In order to achieve this I plan to spend this year regularly culling and trying to use up as much as I can. Rather than go on a total no buy that I know I won't stick to, I'm going to alternate between a low buy and no buy. January is my no buy month, February will be a low buy etc. The only exception to this is November when we're going to the Gold Coast and I'll finally get to visit a Sephora and Daisio store.  

I'm trying to stick to natural/organic and cruelty free products and each time I purchase I'll ask myself if the product will add value to my life. Sometimes the answer might be yes but most of the time it will be no. 

I have considered doing an inventory but it's overwhelming and I just don't think I can be bothered. I might attempt it once they boys are at school, if I do I'll update this post.  

Are you doing a no buy, low buy or project pan this year? Got any tips for me?
 

1 comment :

  1. I could probably benefit from a no buy this year, but I do plan on a low buy, especially when it comes to lipsticks and eye shadows. We'll see, lol. Good luck with your project! xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!