Friday 1 December 2017

FFS Friday - Fun

You know when you have a good idea that turns out not to be a good idea? I had one of those a few weeks ago.

I bought the boys a Kiddie Kutter knife each. They are special, kid safe knives that they can't cut themselves with.

The idea was that they'd be able to help with meal prep and use it to cut their meals up.

Silly me.

The boys decided their new knives were awesome and could be used for all manner of fun things like:
cutting up our furniture, stabbing balls, attacking the plants, cutting the lawn, sawing up toilet rolls, threatening to stab each other, hunting zombies, carrying around everywhere (to the park, supermarket etc), poking holes in fruit, "accidentally" making holes in their clothes etc.

I've been parenting for 6 1/2 years, I should have known this would happen. Rookie mistake. 

Ah well. I've now implemented knife handling rules and I inspect them before we go out to make sure they have no knives concealed on their person. Despite this there have been several occasions when they've managed to smuggle the knives out of the house and have proudly produced them at the most opportune moments such as at the bank, when playing with little kids at the park, etc.

Boys. They're so much fun.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!