Monday 20 November 2017

The Spring and Summer foundation edit

Whilst it's officially Spring in Australia, mother nature seems to think it's Summer, we've gone from cold winter straight to hot summer. One week it was 13, the next week it was 31. I had to hastily sort through my collection and pull out all my warm weather make-up.

Over the next few weeks I'll be showing the products I'm using in Spring and Summer. I've already shared my Spring make-up bag contents, today I'm talking foundations, next up will be lip products. 
 

Maybelline Superstay 24H Waterproof powder 
I can't say if this is actually waterproof, however it is a lovely, fine milled powder. I use it to set my make-up and when I need a bit of extra coverage to hide uneven skin tone.

MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof foundation
If you live in a hot, humid environment and want a full coverage foundation, Pro Longwear will be your bff. I wore this in the Bali humidity and it didn't budge all day or night. Any foundation that can survive a Bali summer is miraculous. Paired with a bright lip I looked like I'd made way more effort that I actually did. Pro Longwear is my special occasion foundation.

It Cosmetics CC+
The hype is true, CC+ is the best. Often when a product is so hyped I'm disappointed, but the It Cosmetics CC+ lives up to all the hype, it's amazing. It gives medium, natural looking coverage. I'd say it's more like a foundation that a CC. The SPF of 50+ just tops off the perfection. If you are yet to try CC+, what are you waiting for? I get mine from Beautylish, even with the exchange rate it's still cheaper than Sephora Australia.

It Cosmetics CC+ Illuminating
After loving the regular CC+ I decided to try the Illuminating version. It's equally as good. The illumination is subtle, non glittery and makes my skin look lit from within. I can see this being a regular in my winter routine when my skin usually looks a little dull.

L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying foundation
Lightweight, natural looking full coverage foundations are difficult to find, however L'Oreal really nailed it with this one. If long lasting, flawless, matte coverage is what you need, this is the foundation for you. Infallible is my every day foundation, I alternate between this and CC+. 

What are your favourite Spring and Summer foundations?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!