Monday 30 October 2017

October Empties

Check me out! This month I finished a lip balm, an eye shadow, a foundation and a lip gloss! Go me! I'm so pleased with myself.


L'oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation
I'm yet to be convinced with cushion foundations. I think they're a fad that convinces you to pay a lot of money for a small amount of product. Whilst I didn't hate my Nude Magique Cushion Foundation I didn't love it and I won't purchase it again. The sponge it comes with isn't great and I found it difficult to pick up enough product with my make-up sponge.

Sara Happ One Luxe Gloss
In an effort to finish products I'm sticking to one gloss or lip balm at a time until they're empty. One Luxe Gloss is very hydrating so I used it as a lip balm. It has a pleasant scent, is non sticky and works well as a daily lip balm. It's nice and shiny so makes me look like I made an effort. 

Laura Mercier Grey Pearl Caviar Stick Eyeshadow
Oh how I miss this. It's one of my all time favourite eyeshadows. Despite what the name implies, it's a beautiful shimmery taupe colour that's perfect for a low key look. The stick makes it easy to apply and doesn't crease. Perfect. 

Vapour Organic Beauty Lux Lip Balm
I did enjoy using my Lux Lip Balm but won't repurchase due to the price. Burt's Bees and Crazy Rumors balms are just as good for a fraction of the price.
 
Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint
One of the Mecca staff gave me a sample of the Velvet Matte Skin Tint as I'm looking for a summer foundation. She chose well as it's lovely and would make a beautiful summer foundation. I'm not sure if I'll purchase it as they are no longer cruelty free. 

Jonathan Redo Hair Mist
I hate to admit how old this is. I'm not sure exactly, but I know I purchased it when I was working. I haven't worked since a month before Chai was born, so it's at least seven years old. No matter cause I've finished it now. 

Cetaphil Suntivity Sunscreen
I bought this to use on my face but it had such a strong chemical smell that I used it on my body just to get rid of it. I won't repurchase.

L'oreal Pure Clay Mask
If I wasn't making the transition to natural, cruelty free products I'd definitely repurchase Pure Clay mask. It was lovely to use, didn't irritate my skin and is reasonably priced. 

The Physic Garden Sensitive Deodorant
One of my all time favourite deodorants. Read about it here.

Lanolips Herbal Oil
Another product that's super old. It's long discontinued.
 
This Works No Tired Eyes
Why do eye creams always disappoint me? Probably because I expect miracles. Not really, I just want to see a difference in my eye area but it doesn't happen. One day I'll find an eye cream that works.  

Palmers Coconut Body Wash
An old favourite. I pick this up whenever I see it on special. It's a gentle, hydrating shower gel that smells like summer. 
 
Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel and Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
Meh. You can read my full review here

Grant's Naturals Toothpaste
A family favourite. We buy in bulk and other than charcoal toothpaste, don't use anything else. 
 
BX Earth Hand Care Wash
I absolutely loved the smell of this hand wash. I got the pineapple and coconut fragrance, it's a match made in heaven. Definite repurchase. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!