Friday 13 October 2017

FFS Friday - Pants on fire

As a general rule I don't lie to my kids. 

Every now and again out of desperation, I do. It never ends well.

A few weeks ago I was getting the boys ready for a play date. It was really cold but Eljay would not wear appropriate clothing. He wanted to wear shorts and a singlet. It was windy and 13 degrees outside.

No matter what I tried I couldn't convince him to wear warm clothes, so in desperation I told him he needed to wear warm clothes because it might snow.

He excitedly got dressed in his warmest clothes then raced out of his bedroom to tell Chai that it might snow. FFS.

Chai got all excited and was jumping around trying to see if it was snowing. FFS.

I pre warned the other mums that the boys were expecting snow, whilst frantically  back pedalling and telling the boys it probably wouldn't snow.

When we got to our playdate the other mums all gleefully chatted to the boys about snow and pondered when it might snow.

Hah. No chance of that one blowing over.

The next day they were still wondering if it was going to snow. Funnily enough, it didn't.

If you've been following along with my stories the last few weeks you might remember my struggles to get a referral to a psychiatrist for Chai.

Last week I was at the farmers market when I got a phone call from the Dr. She told me that she'd found a great psychologist for Chai. FFS.

Once again I told her that he has a great psychologist but the education department requires a letter from a psychiatrist. She then went on to tell me that the referrals are normally handled by a paediatrician and that she knows I cancelled my follow up appointment with them. What that has to do with anything I don't know.

I told her that I need a referral to a psychiatrist so she said she'd call Chai's psychologist and talk to her about it. FFS.

She did nothing so I went to see the psychologist myself. We had a long chat and she is arranging a referral to a local psychiatrist (the one the Dr said I wouldn't be able to get in to. Apparently I can get in to see them and it'll take around six weeks!)

Then she told me that a Dr is usually the one who does referrals to psychiatrists! FFS.

I'm never seeing that Dr again!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!