Monday 25 September 2017

The products that got me through winter

Winter has drawn to a close here in Australia, however the cold weather is lingering on. I'm looking forward to warmer weather whilst enjoying the last of the cold. 


The Physic Garden Winter herbal tea blend
I love herbal tea in winter. This beautiful blend was a gwp from The Physic Garden. I'm hoping they sell it next winter because it was beautiful. It's a lovely, refreshing and calming blend of lemon balm, peppermint, elder flower and calendula. 
The lemon balm and peppermint are anti-virals, they reduce anxiety and support digestion. Elder flower is an anti-bacterial, immune booster and de-congestant and Calendula supports the lymphatic system and boosts immunity. 

Heal Your Gut
Diatomaceous Earth aka fossil shell flour is one of the strangest things I've used. It's a tasteless powder, I take it with my Super Elixir. 
Initially I purchased it for Tiger. He had issues with reflux for years and nothing (even medication) was helping. One month of taking Heal Your Gut and his reflux was gone. He now takes this daily. 
I started taking it because it was there, I've found that it helps the stomach pains I get due to the scar tissue on my bowel (thanks to Crohn's). I haven't had any stomach pain since I've been taking Heal Your Gut. I also notice that I only got sick twice this year, last year we were sick all of winter. 

WelleCo The Super Elixir
I will never be without my beloved Super Elixir. I didn't want to love this because of the price ($85 for 300 grams), but it's a wonder product. When I don't take this I have no energy and struggle through the day, when I do take it I have energy all day long and don't feel tired. It's also reduced my sugar cravings and made my skin look clearer.

Natralus Paw Paw ointment
My all time favourite paw paw balm. I use it on my lips, cuticles, dry patches, sores and rashes. It's one of those all purpose products with endless uses. 

Little Innoscents Winter Blues Balm
This is our Vicks replacement. I find it gentler than Vicks (which burns my sensitive skin) and it's safe to use on the boys too. I put it on the soles of their feet, their chest and their back when they have a cold, are coughing or are blocked up. It quickly clears a blocked nose and helps reduce coughing. Even better, it's organic.
 
Amazonia Raw Immune
This is a wonder product. It can be taken daily to support your immune system, or when you are getting sick. I don't take it daily, just when I'm feeling unwell. If I'm coming down with a cold I often only need one or two doses. If I have the flu I'll take it daily to ease the symptoms and help me recover faster. 
This year when everyone else got that awful flu that lasted three weeks or more, I was mildly unwell for four days and that's it.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!