Friday 24 March 2017

FFS Friday - Alone

I don't have much to whinge about this week and that's a wonderful thing. Life is so much easier when Tiger is home. We're going away this weekend and I'm so excited. By the time this post goes live we should be on the road. It's been about six months since we went away, I'd love to get away more often.

Poor Shelby has been on heat for the last few weeks. We're going to get her fixed and I thought we'd have until she was one, but she's on heat already and she's only 10 months. 

The poor little thing hates being outside on her own so I put a nappy on her. Hahaha, it was so funny, she looked really cute wearing a nappy.   



Finally I feel like we're getting somewhere with Chai. 

We saw the psych again on Wednesday and she said that she doesn't think he has ADHD or Autism, but she does think he has anxiety and sensory issues. I researched sensory issues and if that's what Chai has got it explains a lot. Finally I feel like we are making progress.

I need to make an appointment with an OT to get him diagnosed and then see where we go from there. 

Both the naturopath and the psych also spoke to me about finding time for myself. Hah. Like it's that easy. But when I think about it, it is. Tiger is home for two weeks every month so I can take time for myself, I just don't do it. But as they both pointed out, I can't be a good Mum when I'm exhausted all the time. So that's my next priority, finding time for me.


The trouble with being an introvert is that when I have time for myself I want to be alone at home. If I wanted to go out then time to myself would be easy, but I don't want to go out, I want to stay home on my own. I love the freedom of a quiet, peaceful house when no-one is home. I switch off my phone, don't answer the door and just revel in the silence, it's bliss.

Tiger is more than willing to go out with the boys, but whenever he does he spends money, which is why I don't ask him to take the boys out very often. Maybe I need to set him a spending budget so that I'm not worried about him wasting money.

I have started to do little things that make a difference. I do a face mask at least twice a week, I got a massage last time Tiger was home and I went out on my own for a few hours whilst my beautiful SIL looked after the boys. Small things that I really should have been doing for the last six years. 

If you're a new parent learn from my mistake. Always make some time for yourself away from your beautiful babies. You need it and you deserve it.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!