Friday 17 February 2017

FFS Friday - Synergy

This year I finally organised a birthday party for Chai. 

It's the first time he's had a party, every other year we've just done a small celebration with family.

Tiger and I chose the day, I sent out the invites and then realised that it's on a long weekend. FFS.

I'm hoping that most of his friends aren't going away that weekend. 

Initially I invited 19 kids, but after finding out it was a long weekend I panicked and invited his whole class. I've now invited 32 kids. Oops.

I'm also hoping that the weather is nice because we're having the party at a park. 

My instincts to take the kids and run away are strong at the moment. Chai's anxiety is a lot worse since he started school. I hate to see him suffering. 

I also hate the stupid school system that puts so much pressure on kids when they are way too young to be learning.  

Chai has a meltdown every morning and every evening. In the mornings he cries from the moment we get up and he's still crying when I drop him at school. 

When I pick him up he's happy but it takes the tiniest thing to start a huge meltdown that lasts for an hour and a half. My poor boy.

I saw the Dr and got a referral to a paediatrician and psychologist but I really shouldn't have to. The stupid school system shouldn't be putting kids in a position where they need counselling, it's ridiculous.

When Tiger gets home we're going to talk to the school about putting him back in to Pre Primary. I'll bet they won't do it. If they won't then we're going to seriously consider home schooling. I refuse to subject my child to such pain and pressure. It's not healthy and I will not be a part of it.

I'm also considering lobbying the Education Department to have the system changed. I just need to find out how.

His school is lovely and so is his teacher, but they have to administer the curriculum even though most of them admit that it's too much pressure for the kids. 

I'm halfway through my 30 day Minimalism Game. It's a lot of fun but not quite as easy as I though it'd be. I have a whole pile of things to throw out so I thought it'd be a breeze, and it would be if Tiger was home and I have time to sort through everything. Trying to sort things out with Tiger away is proving difficult. I'm determined though and will solider on. 

 There has been a lot of synergy happening in my life lately and I love it.     

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!