Wednesday 14 December 2016

New from Essence

Essence is one of my favourite budget brands. They're constantly releasing new products, everything is really cheap and they're usually great quality. They've recently added a few products to their permanent range so I picked them up (purely for blog research, haha). I thought I'd do a quick first impressions post on each of the products.



I purchased Camouflage foundation, Matt Matt Matt long lasting lipglosses in Girl of Today and La Vie Est Belle, Colour and Care lipstick in Girls Club, Long lasting lipstick in All-Time Favourite and Matt Matt Matt lipstick in Wow Effect.

Camouflage foundation 2 in 1 Make-up and Concealer is available in three shades. I got Nude Beige which is the middle shade. If you don't have a light to medium skin tone I'd say you'll have trouble getting a colour match. Hopefully they'll release more shades in the future.  
This is a nice, full coverage foundation that would be great for oily skinned people. It doesn't work that well for my dry skin unless I take the time to add a lot of moisture or mix an oil with it. You can read my full review here.

I'm in love with the Matt Matt Matt long lasting lipglosses, they're gorgeous, so gorgeous that after I tried mine I went back and bought another one. The main reason I'm so in love is because they taste like lollies. The formula is lovely too. Whilst it sounds strange they really are a matte gloss. They feel light and hydrating whilst being matte and non sticky. I get three to four hours wear, just like a gloss.  

Colour and Care lipstick is like a pigmented, tinted lip balm. It has a lovely, hydrating feel, keeps my lips soft and looks like a lipstick. 

The long lasting lipstick isn't long lasting at all, it's a creamy satin finish lipstick that last around four hours. 

Matte Matte Matte lipstick is lovely. It's a non drying matte that wears well and doesn't dry out my lips. I get at least six hours wear before I need to reapply.

Have you tried any of the new products?
Is there anything you'd like a more in depth review of?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!