Monday 31 October 2016

October Favourites


Crazy Rumors lip balm - I know, I know, this was in last months favourites too. I can't help it. Their balms are perfection from the formula to the flavours. My favourite flavours are the Perk range because they're all coffee flavours. If you haven't tried one, get onto it. 
 
Jeffree Star Baby Spice Lip Ammunition - This gorgeous pink is just what I've needed lately to brighten up my face (and mood) and take attention away from my tired eyes. You can read my full review here.

In Essence Hydrating Mist - Love, love, love. Facial waters are pretty much all the same (other than the hydrating ones, they're different), so for me what makes them stand out is the scent. In Essence Hydrating Mist smells heavenly, it's a gorgeous blend of lavender, neroli and rosewater that I find very calming.

Clinique Superbalm - Being such a fan of flavoured lip products I was really surprised at how much I love my Superbalm. I like to use it over lip liner or matte lipsticks to give shine and hydration. On my lips it looks like a clear gloss but it feels like a lip balm. The tube is compact enough to easily fit in my pocket or handbag. If it was flavoured it'd be my hg lip balm. Since it's not flavoured it gets a 4.5 out of 5. It's one I'll definitely repurchase.

MAC Coygirl Sheertone Blush - I've finally found a blush that I like nearly as much as my beloved Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. I'm not a bold blush girl, I like my blush to be sheer (and therefore foolproof). I'd forgotten about Coygirl so was delighted when I found it again. It's a gorgeous, natural flush of colour for pale skinned beauties.

L and Y Brushes Full Coverage Face Brush - Lately I've been buying brushes on ebay and they've all been wonderful. The L and Y Full Coverage Face Brush is by far my favourite, it's an amazing brush that works well for liquid and powder foundations. I'm planning to buy a second one so that I can use it to put my powder on after I've done my foundation. It gives great coverage with one sweep, I don't need to go over the area again and again, I swipe the brush over once and I'm done. 
They claim that it's made in the same factory as the Bobbi Brown brush of the same name. I don't have that brush so can't compare, but I could get six L and Y brushes for the price of the Bobbi Brown brush so I don't plan on buying the Bobbi brush.

Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour Waterproof Powder - After tossing most of my powders due to age or just not loving them, I dug out my Maybelline Superstay powder to use as a setting powder over the top of my foundation. OMG, it was love at first application. One layer gives me gorgeous, flawless coverage that lasts all day. I haven't tested the waterproof claim (haven't felt like splashing myself in the face with water), however the 24 Hour part could well be true (although truth be told I haven't tested that either, it's more like twelve hours). 
As yet I haven't tried using this in place of foundation, but as a setting powder over foundation it's bloody awesome.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!