Wednesday 19 October 2016

Jeffree Star Lip Ammunition review

Last week I made my first order with Beautylish (read about it here). I placed the order because I wanted one of the new Jeffree Star Lip Ammunition lipsticks. It was also my first Jeffree Star purchase.

I've been lusting after the Lip Ammunitions since I read that they were going to smell like ice cream. Yum! As soon as they appeared on Beautylish I purchased one in the shade Baby Spice.

 How cute is the packaging? I love it!

Baby Spice is a cool toned medium pink. On my very pigmented lips it's quite a bright pink, but it's easily toned down by applying with a light hand. 

The lasting power is amazing, it lasts all day even through eating and drinking. The colour does fade slightly, but not much. 

These are supposed to be a satin finish. They're not. They're matte. It's not an uncomfortable or drying matte, but they are definitely matte. 

There are a lot of reviews saying that the lipsticks are really gritty, thankfully mine isn't. I've used mine daily since I got it and there is no hint of any grittiness. 

I have to say I'm disappointed with the scent. The website says the scent is creamsicle ice cream (I have no idea what that is), the box says orange creamsicle. Mine has little to no scent. I can barely smell anything, the scent is so subtle that I have no idea what it smells like. 
For those of you who don't like scented products this would be a good thing, but for me it's disappointing.

Ingredients:

At $18 (US) these are definitley worth a try, however I'd advise reading reviews and ordering from Beautylish so that if you get a gritty lipstick you can return it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!