1. I've been in culling mode for the past few weeks. It's a lot of fun. My make-up collection has been drastically reduced and it's such a great, refreshing feeling. Still have a long way to go but I'm getting there. I'm being very, very ruthless. I decided to use each of my products and anything that I don't love is getting the flick. It's a long slow process but so worth it. I've rediscovered a few favourites and been surprised at some I thought were favourites that I realised I don't particularly like.
2. I've also been tossing household items. The toy room is in for a huge clean out when Tiger gets home. It's such a mess and the boys hardly play with anything in there because most of it is just crap that MIL has bought from the op shop. They play with things a few times then they're forgotten about. They don't value any of them because they know that MIL will just bring more. This is not how I want my children to be.
3. This week has seen a huge fuss over Alicia Keys not wearing make-up at the VMA's. This raises so many things for me, I don't even know where to start. Aside from the whole why should she have to wear make-up, ridiculous standards of beauty that we hold women to etc, my main issue is this. Why does anyone feel they have the right to be offended about what she chooses to do or not do to her face. It's her face, her body and her choice! If she doesn't want to wear make-up big deal. If she does want to wear make-up, big deal. Her body, her choice, end of story.
4. The FIL is still in hosptital. MIL is not coping well. I feel helpless. I can't be up in the city supporting her, I can't go up to visit for the day (due to the risk of infection he's not allowed visitors), I can only phone every day to see how they're doing. Knowing that she isn't coping well makes it even worse. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up in hospital along with him.
5. Shelby is sitting on my knee keeping me warm whilst I blog.