Monday 29 August 2016

The Foundation Files - The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation


My neighbour works at The Body Shop and her foundation always looks flawless so naturally I needed the same one. I was colour matched to shade 20 Bali Vanilla.

I've recently realised that the brush has a lot to do with how good a foundation looks, so i experimented with brushes. I tried a duo fibre brush, the Real Techniques Expert Face brush, and a flat topped brush. The duo fibre brush didn't provide enough coverage, the Real Techniques brush made it look too cakey and the flat topped brush was perfect. 

I was happy with the flat top brush until I tried using the ModelCo Magic Makeup Blender, omg, it's amazing. Hello flawless foundation!
Naked face
1 layer
2 layers
On days when I'm in a hurry I'll use the flat topped brush and when I have a bit more time I use the ModelCo sponge. Using the brush I need two layers for good coverage, or one layer with powder over the top works well too. When I use the sponge I only need one layer. 

I really like Fresh Nude foundation but it's not my holy grail. I want to put on a foundation and love it and I don't feel that way. I like it a lot and I'll happily use it but it's not The One. 

Here's what I love about it:
It has a pump top. 
It gives good, medium coverage.  
It lasts throughout the day provided I don't rub my face.  
It has a gorgeous rose scent. The scent fades as soon as it's applied so you don't have to worry about walking around with your face smelling like a rose. 
The price is a very reasonable $36.95.  

This isn't my holy grail foundation but it's pretty awesome.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!