Tuesday 10 May 2016

Top Three Tuesday: My Favourite Cream Eyeshadows

My preferred eyeshadow formula has always been cream because they're so easy to use and don't require brushes. Guerlain used to make a beautiful range of cream eyeshadows that were all I wore, they were perfection. Like all good things, they were discontinued, so I went on the hunt for some new ones. Unsurprisingly my favourites are all shades of taupe.

Bare Minerals Elegant Taupe 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 - Bare Minerals say that this has five benefits: 12 hour long wearing colour, supercharged primer, powerful brightening benefits, smooths the appearance of fine lines and SPF 15. 

It's definitely long wearing, I get no creasing even when I've had it on for 13 hours or more. The colour is gorgeous, a lovely matte taupe. I've found the best way to apply this is in layers. If I apply one thick layer it feels quite heavy on my lids when it sets so I apply two or three thin layers to avoid creasing and the heavy feeling. Of all the application methods, fingers are the best. A brush gives streaky coverage, fingers ensure an even, non streaky finish. 

You need to work quite quickly with this shadow as it sets within a few minutes. As long as you get there before it sets, it works well with other shadows and blends easily. I also like to use it as an eyeliner, especially for my lower lashline as it doesn't budge all day. 

Rouge Bunny Rouge Atlas Swallowtail Long Lasting Cream Shadow - You may not have heard of Rouge Bunny Rouge before, if you haven't they're worth checking out. They have a beautiful range of products, they aren't cheap but they're worth every cent. 

I love what Rouge Bunny Rouge have to say about their cream shadow: Our utmost Long-lasting Cream Eye Shadows caress your skin with the ease of a butterfly wing beat, so that your lids appear smooth and renewed while coated with a semi-matt, slightly luminous colour. It's an irresistible combination of exceptionally long-wear, non-crease and smudge proof textures. The extreme long-lasting effect is delivered through the synthetic filming polymers which ensure a perfect appearance all day. Our comfortable wand includes a light, velvet, creamy formula for silky gliding. Easy application is achieved by innovative silicon waxes and gels, in combination with Beeswax. We added Para Cress Flower Extract to stimulate natural skin lifting capabilities and Coffee Extract to increase collagen and elastin production while also enhancing the natural skin defences. All colours can be worn in two ways: a satin wash of colour with one layer, or a stronger application providing opaque, metallic and darker hues of the same colour. 

Doesn't that sound lovely? It makes me think of faeries and early morning gardens. Just me? Okay. Moving on then.
Atlas Swallowtail has a light texture with a very slight shimmer. One layer gives see through, barely there coverage, two layers give opaque colour and three layers give strong, shimmery colour. Applied without primer I get eight hours wear without any creasing, with primer I get over twelve hours crease free coverage.  

Laura Mercier Grey Pearl Caviar Stick Eye Colour - I have no idea why they call this Grey Pearl. It's not grey, it's taupe. The Laura Mercier website describe it as mauvey grey with hidden pearl. It's not. You can clearly see in the photos that it's taupe, there's no mauve or grey at all. 

On days when I'm in a rush Caviar Stick is what I reach for. A few swipes across and under each eye and I'm done. Caviar Stick works equally well as an eyeshadow and eyeliner. The great thing about it is that I don't need to use a brush or my fingers to apply it, I draw it on and I'm done, no blending required. 

This stays crease free all day, even without a primer. It really is perfection in a stick. It doesn't fade and looks exactly the same at the end of the day as it did when I applied it in the morning.  


Bare Minerals Elegant Taupe, Rouge Bunny Rouge Atlas Swallowtail, Larura Mercier Grey Pearl

What are your favourite cream eyeshadows?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!