Sunday 10 April 2016

Thoughts of the week

1. There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who take the pegs off the line and those who leave them on the line. I'm the former. 

2. One of my favourite blogs has closed down and I'm so upset. I'm really going to miss your blog Natalie. 

3. Sometimes a few simple words can change your day. Thursday I was having a tough time with the kids. Eljay had spent a good portion of the day throwing tantrums for reasons I couldn't understand. We were at the supermarket checkout and he was screaming because I couldn't hold him and scan the shopping at the same time. I was standing there looking like a crazy, frazzled woman, madly scanning everything, trying not to lose it and explaining to Eljay that I'd pick him up as soon as I'd paid for the shopping. The lady at the check-out next to me looked over, smiled and said "You're so calm". I could have kissed her. I certainly didn't look or feel calm but those few words were exactly what I needed to hear. Bless you lovely lady.

4. Last week I placed an order with Burt's Bees. It's the first time I've ordered from them. I didn't get a confirmation email or a tracking number and their website showed my order as pending remote fulfilment. I emailed them Thursday asking what was happening with my order. They replied with a tracking number and asked me to call Australia Post. How bizarre.


5.
School holidays have started. I was really looking forward to them but after the performance the boys put on yesterday I'm wondering how I'm going to survive.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!