Monday 30 November 2015

My final eyeliner destash

For the last few months I've been working on reducing my eyeliner collection. I've done two culls (read about cull number one here and cull number two here). A few days ago I did my final cull and got my stash down to a reasonable size.
I started with 26 liners. First up I got rid of the oldest ones, there were some that I remember buying before Chai was born, he's 4 1/2 now! Then I went through and got rid of duplicate colours and any that were hard. Lastly I got rid of colours that I didn't think I'd wear. Easy.

The sixteen winners. There are still a few here that I'm unsure of so I'll continue to cull as I go, if I don't love something it'll be tossed. I've also realised that I prefer felt tip liquid eyeliners over pencils, so I'm going to buy a grey, navy and brown felt tip eyeliner. If you have a recommendation for your favourite brand, please let me know. At this stage I think I'll go with Stila. 

The losers. I wasn't sure about the maroon liners, but when I thought about it I realised that I don't remember the last time I wore a maroon liner, I stick to blues, purples and greys, so the maroon liners went in the bin. 

I'm happy with the liners I'm left with. As I use things up I won't replace them, eventually I imagine I'll have around ten liners, that seems very reasonable to me.

Lip products are up next, it's going to take me ages. I love my lip products and find it really difficult to cull them, however it has to be done. I'll probably do it in two or three stages like I have with my eyeliners. Keep an eye out for the lip product cull posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!