I've decided to give thoughts of the week a go. I don't normally have enough thoughts to post weekly, but I'll give it a try and see what happens.
1. I'm still thinking about how we body shame females. Why is it acceptable/newsworthy to comment on the physique of a female athlete and yet it never happens to a male? When was the last time you saw criticism of a male's body in the media? Why do we as women accept it? We make up roughly half the population. We have power. Whilst we accept it, it'll keep on happening. And no, it's not our fault, but we can do something to stop it.
2. On that note I am trying to teach my boys not to judge people by their appearance. We are so much more than our appearance.
3. I've started reading again and I love it. I'd been telling myself that I don't have time to read but that's not true. I've missed it so much and it feels good to lose myself in a book for a few minutes.
4. I love this post by Beauty Reductionista. I'm going to do a huge cull of my make-up soon. I've been thinking about it for a while now. Next time I get a few hours spare my collection will be culled to within an inch of it's life.
5. Summer is coming. The days are getting warmer, the mozzies are out and blowflies are back. Give me winter, spring or autumn any day.
6. Now that Chai is at kindy we've entered the costume and donation zone. He's had to dress up twice for kindy so far. They give prizes for the best home made costume, that's one my boys will never win. I'm so not crafty.
7. The donation thing is getting expensive already, I can only imagine what it'll be like when we have to fundraise and have both children at school. This week we've donated $50 to the school. It's not money we have spare however the school are amazing and I know that the money will benefit the children.
8. I'm about to start exercising again. Having never been a gym person, I'm hoping that I'll find a class that I love so that I can enjoy exercise. If only they did Muay Thai classes during the day I'd be happy.
9. I've been on steroids for my asthma this week and it's been bloody wonderful. I've got so much energy! I wish I could take them every day! Sleepless nights are nothing, I've been getting about four hours sleep and I feel great! Unfortunately I'll be back to reality Monday when I've finished my course.