Monday 18 May 2015

Sensitive skin saviours

A few weeks ago my skin spat the dummy. The weather turned from warm to cold overnight and my skin didn't like it. It got very rough, red and irritated. Everything I used stung and caused further irritation. I pulled out my two trusty sidekicks that I use every time my skin spits the dummy and I also found two new products that worked wonderfully.

The miracle products are.....
Egyptian Magic, Trilogy Everything Balm, Biyani Organics Rosehip and Raspberry Face Serum and Biyani Organics Frankincense and Jasmine Hydrating Face Cream. 

Egyptian Magic and Trilogy Everything Balm I use in a very similar way. They are both all purpose, do everything balms. I could easily used only one of them but I love them both so use them both. For the first few days when my skin was really upset I used Everything Balm as my day time moisturiser and Egyptian Magic as my night cream. At lunchtime I'd pat another light layer of Everything Balm on to help my skin stay hydrated. I find Everything Balm to be a little lighter and less greasy than Egyptian Magic, which is why I prefer to use it during the day.

After a few days once my skin had started to calm down I got brave and tried the Biyani Organics Serum. When it didn't cause any irritation I used the face cream and was delighted when that didn't cause irritation either. The face serum is light but hydrating. It absorbs quickly and leaves no residue. The face cream is a rich, non greasy cream that I foresee being my holy grail winter moisturiser. Both products smell beautiful and are a real delight to use.

I used this combination of products for two weeks and my skin was back to normal.

Egyptian Magic can be purchased from Nourished Life for $49.95.

Everything Balm is available at Priceline, chemists and online for $18.95.

Biyani Organics can be purchased from The Natural Supply Co. I got my products as part of the Face Care Travel Kit which is currently on sale for $40.60.

Egyptian Magic ingredients: olive oil, beeswax, honey, been pollen, royal jelly, propolis extract.

Trilogy Everything Balm ingredients: sweet almond oil, beeswax, papaya fruit extract and soybean oil, marula seed oil, evening primrose seed oil, rosehip seed oil, wheat erm oil, calendula officinalis flower extgract and soybean oil, coneflower extract and soybean oil, coconut oil, vitamin e, jojoba seed oil, olive fruit oil, honey, parfum, citral, geraniol, citronellol, limonene, linalool. 

Biyani Organics Rosehip and Raspberry Face Serum ingredients: rosehip oil, pomegranate co2, raspberry seed co2, sea buckthorn co2, vitamin e, sunflower seed oil, frankincense oil, geranium oil, carrot seed oil.

Biyani Organics Frankincense and Jasmine Face Cream ingredients: water, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, jojoba oil, shea butter, avocado oil, evening primrose oil, leucidal, phytocide elderberry, vitamin e, kakadu plum extract, sea buckthorn co2, jasmine oil, frankincense oil, lavender oil, carrot seed oil.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!