Wednesday 11 March 2015

Project Life Detox - Make-up declutter

Over the last few months it's become very apparent to me that I need to set myself some sort of rules regarding my make-up purchases. If you read my first make-up declutter post you'll know I said I was going to stop purchasing make-up and skincare that I don't need. Well guess what? That hasn't happened. I have been a lot better than I was previously, but I'm still buying things that I don't need. Let's be honest, I don't need any more make-up and the only skincare I'll run out of is body scrub, face scrub and cleanser. 

They say that it takes six weeks to make a habit and six weeks to break a habit. With that in mind, I've decided to go on a total no buy. No buying any make-up or skincare unless I run out of something (which is unlikely to happen in the next eight weeks). I'm going to do the no buy for all of March and April. To make the no buy easier to stick to, I plan on staying away from the shops. Simple

Every time I'm tempted to buy something I'll write it down and at the end of the no buy I'll do a post with all of the products that I resisted. It'll be interesting to see how I feel about those products at the end of the no buy. I wouldn't be surprised if I look at the list and feel pretty meh about a lot of the products on there.  

Wish me luck!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!