Saturday 31 May 2014

Thoughts of the month

1. I have a new pair of slippers. It's a bit sad how happy they make me. I feel like I'm walking on clouds, it's heavenly.

2. The budget that has just come out scares me silly. Charging our most vulnerable people to go to the Dr, increasing the cost of medication, letting universities charge their own fees, not paying Newstart to people under 30 are just a few of the things that worry me. I am praying that it doesn't make it through the senate. 

3. I am also highly suspicious of the budget. The govt has already said that they are willing to compromise on some parts of it. This makes me suspect that they have lots of horrible little changes they want to get through, so they'll compromise on the big issues that everyone is screaming about so that they can get the awful little things through. I hope I'm just overly suspicious. 

4. We've had so much rain lately, it's been wonderful.

5. My lovely friend Raylene is making a candle in honour of her beautiful daughter Ariel. Ariel has Downs Syndrome and due to this she will likely need to live at home until well into her adulthood. Sales of the candle will her secure her future. 15% of the proceeds will go to the Downs Syndrome Association NSW and Lifestart NSW. I can't wait to buy it. 

6. That's all I've got this month. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!