Friday 16 May 2014

FFS Friday - The toxic edition

I am still sick. FFS.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm toxic. FFS.

If you have anyone that you don't like, send them over to my house and I'll infect them for you.

To add insult to injury, I've discovered that I can have the flu shot. FFS.

I was under the impression that I couldn't have it because I was breastfeeding, but that's not the case. Also, by me having it I'll transfer some immunity to bub. 

Our house has been all about coughing fits, Dr's visits and snot infused clothes this week. FFS.

We've been at the Dr five times in the last seven days. FFS.

Thankfully Chai is nearly better, but not quite. FFS.

He's at that stage where he's well enough to want to do things, but not well enough to actually do much. FFS.

This means there is lots of whinging and whining going on. FFS.

Mostly from me. FFS.

Joking, it's from Chai. FFS.

I struggle to deal with whinging when I'm well, but when I'm sick it drives me crazy. FFS.

Eljay is still sick and so wants me all the time. FFS.

I can't put him down or walk two steps away without him crying. Real crying, tears and all. FFS.

He can say mum now so if I dare walk away from him all I hear is him crying Mummummummummum. FFS.

Tiger has been trying his best to give me a break but it's really difficult when both boys want me all the time. FFS.

Yesterday Tiger started to get sick too. FFS.

He has to go back to work in a few days. FFS.

Never one to do things by halves, I got properly sick. FFS.

Not only did I get the flu, I also got a sinus infection and my asthma has reared it's head again. FFS.

I've got drugs for the asthma and they are working nicely, but thanks to breastfeeding I can't take anything for the sinus infection. FFS.

It's a really good sinus infection too, one that leaves me with a pounding headache, sore face, aching teeth and sore ears. Joy of joys. FFS.

After nearly coughing up a lung and coughing until I vomited for several nights, I had to go to the Dr on Sunday. Big mistake. FFS.

$100 later I left the Dr's surgery. FFS.

Then I spent $78 at the chemist. FFS.

And it was mother's day. FFS.

We just manage to make ends meet so coming up with that sort of money wasn't easy, but we managed. I'd hate to think what someone who's really struggling would do, I imagine they wouldn't get the medical care that they need. That's only going to get worse if this budget passes through the senate. $7 for a Dr visit and an extra $5 for a prescription might not seem like much but for some it could mean they don't eat that night. And if they dare go to the emergency department because they can't afford to go to a Dr's surgery, they'll get charged there too! FFS.

On that note I'll leave you. Please don't get too close to the screen as you might catch my toxic germs and get sick.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. If you'd like to read more whinges, head over to Sarah's blog. I might actually remember to add my link to her post this week! 

 
Dear Baby G

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!