Thursday 6 March 2014

March goals

I mentioned in my Thoughts of the Month post that this year I'm setting myself monthly goals. My goal for March is to do at least 10,000 steps a day, five days per week. So far I'm smashing it. Since getting out of the house to exercise is not possible, I spend half an hour every morning dancing, chasing Chai around the house (or being chased by him whilst he pretends to be a growly cat, dog catcher, dragon or monster), jogging on the spot, walking laps or anything else I can think of to get my steps up. By the end of the half hour I've usually done around 5,000 steps so I'm half way to my daily goal.Then all I need to do is make sure I'm active for the rest of the day and I'm easily reaching my 10,000 steps, usually I do at least 12,000.

The other goal I've set for this month is to drink at least 1.5 litres of water each day. I record this in my Fitbit app so it's easy to keep track of. Prior to getting my Fitbit I thought I drank a lot of water, but once I started recording it I realised that I don't actually drink that much, something I'm aiming to change.

That's my March goals. I'm not sure what goals I'll set myself for next month, suggestions are welcome.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!