Saturday 29 March 2014

Lonely

Yesterday I was heading to the supermarket when I saw two mums with little babies, sitting at the park feeding and chatting. I had an overwhelming urge to stop and talk to them and then I felt like crying. It struck me again that I find being a full time parent a very lonely job. I know I've said it before, but seeing them sitting there together bought it all back. Being a full time parent can be very isolating, especially now that we've moved to another town and my mothers group network is gone. Making new friends when you don't work is really difficult.

2 comments :

  1. oh gosh, that is exactly how I feel sometimes. Two boys 5 and 2 1/2 and Im a stay at home mum. I feel for you- it is lonely especially when you're home with kids, or even out with kids but no adults to talk to. Im picky with friends too so Im probably shooting myself in the foot ;) . I hope you find some ppl to talk to and hang out with...hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. Being a SAHM is tough isn't it? I hope you find some people to spend time with too xx

      Delete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!