Monday 27 January 2014

L'oreal Revitalift Total Repair BB Cream

 I've been wanting to try this for a while so when I saw it for $14.95 at Chemist Warehouse I couldn't resist. It normally costs $34.95 and a saving of $20 was too good to pass up. I got the light tint and I can only just make it work for me. I really wish companies would start making their light shade lighter. It's a little bit too dark for me but after it soaks in I can just get away with it. Considering I'm not super pale, this would be too dark for quite a lot of fair skinned people.

L'oreal says: Perfecting anti-aging moisturiser. Fights 10 signs of ageing, even UV damage. 
10 signs: Covers imperfections. Perfects skin texture. Evens skin tone. Refines skin quality. Illuminates complexion. Intensely hydrates. Corrects dark spots. Smooths wrinkles. Firms contours. Protects against UV.
I've been using this daily for about five months now. In the dry winter weather I didn't find it hydrating enough to use on it's own, so I used it over a moisturiser. In summer it's fine to use alone.
As for the 10 signs that L'oreal claims it fights, here's my verdict:
Covers imperfections and evens skintone - Agreed. It covers my dark spots and evens out my skintone. The very dark patches are still visible however a light dusting of powder fixes that. 

Perfects skin texture - Disagree, my skin texture still looks the same. 

Refines skin quality - Disagree. I'm really not sure what this means, but my skin hasn't changed since I've been using this.

Illuminates complexion - Unsure. My skin does look better when I use this, but I wouldn't say it looks illuminated. This could possibly be due to it being slightly too dark for me, perhaps if it was the right colour it would illuminate my complexion. 

Intensely hydrates - Disagree. It does hydrate, but not intensely. In the cold weather I still need to use a moisturiser underneath. It is quite rich, but not rich enough for the very cold weather. 

Corrects dark spots - Disagree. When I've got this on my dark spots are less visible, however that's just cosmetic, as soon as I remove it my dark spots are back to normal. 

Smooths wrinkles - I wish!

Firms contours - See above.

Protects against UV - Certainly does.

Overall, this is a very nice product and if the colour match was better I'd buy it again. It gives more coverage than most Western BB's and I love that it has a pump top.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!