Tuesday 21 January 2014

Chia Pudding Recipe

I don't normally (or ever) post recipes but this one is so good that I just had to share. 
In my quest to lose the baby weight I've reduced my sugar intake, no mean feat for a chocaholic. One thing I've been eating a lot is chia pudding. The credit for this heavenly creation goes to Hippy Brad, I saw a post of his on Instagram so decided to try making one. After a little experimentation I've come up with the perfect recipe.
3 tablespoons of chia
10 tablespoons of chocolate rice milk
1 tablespoon cacao
1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey if you prefer)

Mix everything together, put it in a container in the fridge, let it set for an hour and it's ready to eat. If you want it to be a bit thicker, let it set overnight. This recipe will make 4 serves.

So many variations can be made to this. My favourite is to add 1 teaspoon of peppermint which makes it taste like a beautiful after dinner mint. Adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon gives a nice warm kick, and adding coconut gives you a Bounty (my favourite chocolate bar). The possibilities are endless. 

It tastes great on it's own or for something a little more filling, with chopped up berries in it.

You can make a vanilla version by using regular almond milk (or any other milk). So many possibilities. And the best part is that it's healthy!

I usually make a big lot so that I'll have enough for a few days. Luckily for me no-one else in my house likes it, so I get it all to myself. 

If you have any other great chia recipes, please let me know. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!