Friday 13 December 2013

FFS Friday - Sleep deprivation

My poor Chai has been sick this week, he's had croup. FFS.

He's been coughing a lot at night and it sounds awful. FFS.

It also wakes up Eljay and I. FFS.

 And means I got even less sleep than usual over the last week. FFS.

Unsurprisingly, Chai's illness also coincided with Eljay not sleeping well, so between the two of them I've turned into a walking zombie. FFS. 

Monday night was particularly bad. FFS.

Eljay decided that he wanted to play in the middle of the night and was awake for over two hours. FFS.

I had just got him back to sleep when Chai (who was sleeping sideways), kicked him in the head and woke him up again. FFS.

Eljay has decided that 4.45am is a good time to start the day and he's been doing so for the last three weeks. FFS.

I strongly disagree with him, however no matter how many valid arguments I give him for sleeping later, he does not concede my point. FFS.

Being the parent of a two and a half year old is highlighting the things that I say regularly. FFS.

It's also highlighting the things I don't say that regularly but when I do say them I say them with gusto, making them memorable. FFS.

Thankfully I've stopped swearing. Not FFS.

One of the phrases that I say with gusto is "for christs sake". FFS.

I've said it twice and now it's one of Chai's favourite sayings. FFS.

He says it regularly, at the most appropriate times. I find it hilarious. Not FFS.

My religious mum and step dad do not find it at all funny. FFS.

They were here on the weekend and I saw the disapproval on my step dad's face when he heard Chai say "oh christs sake!" FFS.

Perhaps he'd rather Chai said fuck? I'm going to teach him that for next time they visit. FFS.

Monday I had to go to the shops. FFS.

The second I put Eljay into the car he started crying. FFS.

Chai gets upset when Eljay cries, so he started yelling and crying too. FFS.

They both cried and screamed the whole way to the shopping centre. FFS.

It's a 15 minute drive. FFS.

The main reason I went to the shops was to get more milk for Chai. As luck would have it, it was on special. Not FFS.

They only had one carton. FFS.

I usually buy at least ten. FFS.

Now I'll have to go back to the shops in a few days to get more milk. FFS.

Chai is toilet training at the moment. Cleaning up wee and poo is not my idea of fun. In fact it's disgusting. FFS.

Wednesday Chai had done a poo without me knowing it, so I hadn't cleaned his bottom. I discovered he'd done a poo when he sat on me and I noticed that I had poo all over my skirt. FFS.

It was my last clean skirt. FFS.

Wednesday was a trying day. FFS.

Chai thinks it's hilarious to wake up Eljay. FFS.

By 6.30am Wednesday he'd woken him up three times. FFS.

The BIL and SIL are over here for a holiday at the moment. Tiger and I have been asking BIL for ages now when they are planning on being down here, so that I can be prepared for their visit. He hasn't told us. FFS.


All he's said is they'll spend a few days with his parents then come down here. FFS.


I found out when they were intending to arrive on Facebook yesterday. FFS.


So far they still haven't bothered to let me know that they plan to arrive on my doorstep sometime today. FFS.


Too bad if I'm out. FFS.


That's the end of my weekly whine, I hope it's given you a good laugh. If you have had any FFS worthy moments, please post them below so I can laugh at your misfortune.


To read more weekly whines, head over to Sarah's blog


Dear Baby G

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!