Thursday 19 December 2013

2014 Beauty Diet

Last week I was looking at Instagram when I saw a post by Vita from Making Up 4 My Age showing products that she's planning on using up and saying that she's going on a make-up diet next year. Never one to miss out on copying a good idea, I asked if I could join in and Vita was kind enough to let me.

I really like this idea. Instead of doing something unrealistic that I won't stick to, or a no buy or project pan that I do stick to and then go on a shopping binge afterwards, the beauty diet is a great long term strategy to reduce the amount of make-up that I have without totally depriving myself. 

Here's how it will work: I have a pile of products that I want to use up throughout the year. I'll have a wishlist of products and only buy products from my wishlist instead of impulse buying. Also, I'll be doing two out one in, so I won't buy a new product until I've used up or got rid of two of the same product (eg. I'll use up two lipsticks before buying a new one). I'm planning on applying this to my skin and body care products too.

Below are the products that I think I can finish in 2014. I also have another post coming Monday with general products that I'd like to use up (such as two lip balms, one palette etc) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. It doesn't hurt to aim high.

I will also post the products that are currently on my wishlist and when I add to it I will repost my wishlist. 

You can read Vita's post about the diet here.

1 comment :

  1. Hehe! It's really happening! I'm just counting down the days now and building up my resolve - so happy we're in this together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!